The overall goal of the Travel Forecasting Program is to support and assist public agencies in the implementation and application of current and emerging technologies in travel forecasting. The objectives of the program are:
- Training and Technology Transfer – To serve as a focal point for training and technology transfer in travel forecasting technology.
- Model Development Support – To assist various agencies in the development and calibration of travel forecasting models for specific urban areas.
- Model Application Support – To serve as a focal point for assistance and support for the application of travel forecasting models and techniques. Model application assistance will be provided to state agencies, metropolitan planning organizations, local agencies and to other programs within TTI.
- Development of New Modeling Techniques – To participate in the development of new or improved modeling techniques.
- Practical Implementation of New Modeling Techniques – To assist with moving state-of-the-art modeling concepts into practice.
- Software Application Support – To serve as a focal point for assistance and support for the application software used for travel forecasting.
- Software Development – To develop needed software; to provide for implementation of travel forecasting techniques; to improve data summaries for analyses; to assist in data preparation; and to interface the travel models with GIS systems.
The Travel Forecasting Program is located in Austin, Texas. View a map to the office’s location online.